Mount Carmel Community Hospital is a transitional care unit. This unit provides ongoing medical monitoring, rehabilitation or re-enablement to patients following an acute hospital stay. Mount Carmel Community Hospital is there to help patients with their expressed desire to make a speedy recovery and return home.
What does this role entail?
To assist in the preparation and service of food and in the cleaning of the kitchen and dining area.
Reports To: Catering Manager/Cook/Nurse in Charge
Responsible To: Catering Manager/Cook/Home Manager
- Assist in the preparation and service of all meals and beverages for residents, visitors and staff to the required company standards of hygiene and economy.
- Preparation of resident trays and dining areas ensuring that the necessary equipment, utensils and food is available in the required quantities and at the required time.
- Clear and clean kitchen, dining areas and catering utensils using appropriate cleaning techniques and equipment as directed by the Catering Manager/Cook.
- Advise residents on menu choice in a way as to give maximum choice.
- Adhere to good practice with regard to hygiene, health and safety, HACCP and COSHH Regulation at all times meeting all legislative requirements.
- Assists with record keeping as directed by Catering Manager/Cook.
- Carry out other duties as directed by line Manager.
What are the skills/experience needed?
- Minimum 1 year experience working in kitchen/catering
- HACCP trained
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be reliable & keep to schedule
- Can work as part of a team
- Fluent level of English both written and oral.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
This job description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Kitchen Assistant and the range of duties. Given the nature of the work, it must be stressed that maximum flexibility is required to work in the hospital.