Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting edge of food and fashion retailing. We have over 130 stores in Ireland, the UK and Spain and are expanding our service and product offer all the time.
We have recently launched an exciting new concept in a selected number of our stores including Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt, Henry Street, Stephens Green and Childers Road amongst others. Baxter & Greene is a contemporary and stylish Market Deli and Café where carefully selected products are freshly prepared and cooked every day by our team of skilled chefs and customer service staff. By using innovative and creative ideas, our team endeavor to produce and present wholesome food of an exceptionally high standard.
We are currently looking to recruit and train a number of chefs to join the Baxter & Greene team for a new Baxter & Greene concept due to open in the Cork area in the coming months.
The successful candidates should have the ability to cook from scratch and follow agreed recipes. They should be enthusiastic and self-motivated to provide an excellent level of service with attention to detail. Experience in food preparation in a Café / Restaurant / Deli operation is essential and an interest in current food trends is preferable.
The Chef will have the following responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team with Store Management as well as Deli / Café Management and staff to provide the highest standard of food preparation quality and presentation.
- To monitor and deliver the HACCP programme for the Deli / Café to ensure effective standards in line with hygiene and quality regulations.
- To manage and control costs associated with food production and wastage.
- To train and develop existing staff in new procedures and processes.
- To ensure the regular and systematic cleaning and maintenance of the equipment in the Deli / Café, both kitchen and front of house.
- At least 2 years previous experience in a similar environment
- Must be able to follow pre-determined recipe cards
- Experienced and trained on HACCP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised, excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team and individually
- Passion/flair and attention to detail for food production and presentation