Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation for our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Electrical Project Engineer Job Scope
- Preparing and altering design drawings with design input.
- Dealing with and storage of incoming, outgoing and internal drawings and register sheets.
Monitoring drawing control.
- Working with 3D drawing models, creating and editing.
- Drawing Take-Offs – comparison of tender / new revisions and preparing additional works/take-off for pricing.
- Confirm verbal instructions when AI’s are not received.
- Ensuring procurement schedules up to date and issued weekly.
- Co-ordination of delivery of materials to the site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
- Manage the programme of works in conjunction with the Project Manager and monitor building progress.
- Ensure full understanding of Designer Group Policies and Procedures, through day-to-day working.
- Comply and be responsible for implementing Designer Group’s Policies and Procedures. Reporting.
- Working with suppliers to generate technical submittals to the client’s requirements.
- Lighting design software relux.
- Cable sizing software Amtech.
- Carry out regular surveys of installations.
- Ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the expected due dates and manage to the commission so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any projects.
- Closeout project successfully and to budgeted profit levels.
- Responsible for Engineers on site and ensuring all Electrical Engineering work in on schedule.
Electrical Project Engineer Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Electrical Project Management
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering Level6/7 OR Building Services Qualification
- Working knowledge of current fire alarm and emergency lighting regulations