Kare Plus Wexford are now recruiting fully-qualified Healthcare Assistants and/or Nursing Students for Wexford and Wicklow.
- To assist our clients with personal care such as; bathing, showering, toileting and continence management.
- Light house work such as; making beds, sweeping and mopping floors, ensuring commodes are emptied and cleaned.
- To prepare meals and assist with feeding and hydration.
- Recording and reporting of Accidents / Incidents to the Care Manager in line with company policies & procedures.
- Prompting of medication and reporting medication errors to the Care Manager in line with company policies & procedures.
- To promote independence to the fullest, allowing for client choice and providing client centred care to the fullest.
- To assist colleagues with covering sick leave and annual leave
- To work as part of a community team and to respect your colleagues and clients at all times.
- To promote safe working practices in line with company policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities, Kare Plus Ireland reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Shadowing
- Loyalty bonus after 6 months continuous service (subject to conditions)
- In-house training
- Paid Garda Vetting
- Continuous Management and in-field support
QQI Level 5 in Healthcare/Health Service Skills/Nursing Studies/Community Care (minimum Care Skills & Care of the Older Person modules completed)
OR 1 year completed of Level 8 Degree in Nursing
OR A minimum of 1 year of paid employment in caring of the elderly, and currently working towards QQI Level 5 modules
- 40 hours of work experience
- Full Driving Licence and access to own transport
Applicants must be available for weekday and weekend work. Flexibility is essential, as early morning starts and evening work will be a requirement.
The successful candidates will be subject to Garda vetting and will have to provide us with written references.