We are looking for a pipefitter to build and maintain pipe systems.
You’ll get to read blueprints, set specifications, lay out plans for installation, and prepare pipes. You should be able to use pneumatic and hydraulic tools following safety guidelines. Ideally, we’d also like you to have experience in both residential and industrial settings, and with pipes of different materials (steel, PVC, etc.).
If you also have strong numerical and communication skills, and you find great excitement in seeing the systems you built work, we’d like to meet you.
- Review blueprints to understand requirements
- Set and modify specifications
- Inspect and prepare sites for construction operations
- Measure and cut pipes according to requirements
- Weld, assemble, and lubricate pipes
- Install and secure pipes (e.g. with clamps)
- Test functionality of hydraulic and other systems
- Repair malfunctions, breakages, or leaks
- Use and maintain tools (e.g. pneumatic drill, saws)
- Collaborate with other workers (e.g. plumbers, painters) to produce finished constructions
- Follow safety guidelines and use protective equipment (e.g. goggles)
- Proven experience as a pipefitter
- Knowledge of health and safety guidelines when dealing with dangerous equipment or chemicals
- Good numerical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in shifts and/or overtime
- Valid license