We are looking for a friendly, energetic waiter to join our amazing team!
We know that the right waiter uplifts the dining experience for customers so we are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
Responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you.
To be a successful waiter, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a good team player and be able to effectively communicate with our kitchen staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests
- Greet and bring customers to their tables
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
- Inform customers about the day’s specials
- Offer menu recommendations upon request
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software,order slips or by memorization
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
- Serve food and drink orders
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
- Follow all relevant health department regulations
- Excellent presentation skills
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system (e.g. Revel POS or Toast POS)
- Basic math skills
- Attentiveness and patience for customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Active listening and effective communication skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility to work in shifts
The Betsy Swords, bar and restaurant, is located at the heart of North County Dublin. Since opening guests can enjoy its contemporary cuisine and unparalleled service, bringing a touch of magic with decadent decor to provide our customers with comfort, ease and cosiness while enjoying a varied mix of classics and locally inspired dishes.
Catering for every occasion from lunch, dinner and beyond, with beautiful bars serving cocktails, fine wines and drinks. Our eclectic menu includes The Betsy Signature Fillet Steak, fish, vegetarian options and the famous Betsy Sunday Roast.
The Betsy is devoted to constant evolution and development, using the best products that are authentic and bursting with honest to goodness quality and flavour. Our décor, lighting and music offer an oasis of calm away from the bustle of life with a warm Irish welcome.