Our dynamic and innovative tZero team is growing and we’re looking to add a highly motivated Senior DevOps Engineer with experience in Google Cloud Platform. The tZero team is revolutionising capital markets by enabling tokenization and trade of assets through next generation blockchain technology. tZero is leading the pack with its cutting-edge technical expertise, track record of innovation and our focus on regulatory compliance. Our DevOps engineers ensure that tZero’s internal and external services are reliable while keeping an ever-watchful eye on our systems, capacity, and performance. You’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of building and running large-scale, fault tolerant, and secure distributed microservice based systems.
What You Will Do
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design, developing supporting software tooling, capacity planning, security screening and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless post-mortems.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Extensive experience working with Google Cloud, Google Kubernetes Engine, Docker, and Linux.
- Extensive experience with vpc networking, compute infrastructure, architecting, developing, and maintaining distributed microservice based infrastructure.
- Experience working on Cloud IaaS, PaaS or SaaS products.
- 4+ years of solid day-to-day Agile / Scrum experience using Jira.
What We Hope You Have
- Google Cloud Associate Engineer certification.
- Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer certification.
- Google Cloud Professional Architect Engineer certification.
- Experience with Google Cloud Spanner, Cloud Firestore, and/or PubSub in production.
- Experience with Cloudflare, Gitlab CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, New Relic, Twistlock, Terraform, and/or Ops Genie.
- You’ve read the DevOps Handbook, the Unicorn Project and/or Google’s Site Reliability Engineering books.
- Experience with FinTech, security compliance, CIS, pen testing, container security / scanning
What We Offer
- Health insurance for employees and their family
- 6% matched pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Free to use office bicycles
- Flexible working hours
- Regular company social events
- Onsite barista – Subsidised coffee
- A modern impressive workspace
What We Value
- Wellness & Balance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Innovation – through on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.