We are now hiring experienced staff nurses to join our team in Ireland. We will provide full support on a relocation package.
Purpose of Position
- To work alongside the Home Manager and Clinical Nurse Manager to insure the smooth running of the Nursing Home.
- To assume responsibility for the provision of high standards of nursing and social care.
- To deputise in the absence of the Home Manager.Reports to: Home Manager / Clinical Nurse Manager
- To line manage a team of care staff.
- To ensure that there is adequate staffing at all times and to manage the duty roster in accordance with the agreed staffing model.
- To participate in the induction of new staff.
- Demonstrate ability to teach and guide new staff when required and appropriate.
- Show interest in self-development through self-directed learning.
- Use time effectively and appropriately.
- Show ability to delegate work to other members of the team and take on work when delegated to change an environment.
- Display initiative, understanding and tolerance.
- To maintain a high standard of nursing care including but not limited to both the personal and medical needs of the resident. Personal needs include washing and dressing and assistance with all activities of daily living.
- To maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Report on-going problems to Charge Nurse and Home manager.
- To play an active role in the provision of direct nursing care including activities of daily living.
- To ensure that resident’s need are met with dignity and respect and where appropriate to attend to these needs.
- To promote residents independence and empowerment at all times.
- To ensure the residents nutritional needs are met.
- To ensure that there is comprehensive care planning records maintained for all residents in our care documentation.
- To liaise with resident’s doctors and multi-disciplinary Team medicine regarding their care.
- To ensure adequate stock and the appropriate use of clinical products. To also manage misuse and overstocks.
- To participate in the management of complaints in keeping with complaints policy.
- To participate in the management of elder abuse cases in keeping with elder abuse policy.
- Ensure that all procedures are carried out as described in the policy manual.
- To ensure that resident tissue viability is managed in a proactive manner.
- To ensure resident safety through risk assessment and best practice.
- To ensure an adherence to infection control process.
- To communicate with all staff, residents, relatives and visitors to the Home in a manner that will ensure good outcomes.
- To chair regular heads of department meetings and staff representative meetings with the care and ancillary staff teams under the direction of Home Manager or delegated of the case management.
- To take part in formal resident care reviews/meetings and case management.
- Liaise with resident’s relatives, keeping them up to date on the resident’s welfare.
- To participate in resident / relative meetings.
- To communicate appropriately with the Home Manager/ Clinical Nurse Manager in unexpected events / incidences.
- Approach interpersonal relationship in a manner that avoids antagonism, reduces conflict and prevents undue anxiety.
- Recognise self-limitations and request assistance when required.
- Document according to policy and procedures.
- To be familiar with the inspection procedure for all inspections.
- To ensure regulatory compliance in respect of HIQA standards, Fire, Health and Safety and Environmental Health.
- To keep up to date on current practices of Care for Older Persons
- To act as an ambassador for the Firstcare Ireland brand at all times.
- To ensure confidentiality in respect of residents, staff and company business.
- Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the Nursing home as needed.