Ranked as one of Ireland’s best workplaces, by ‘Great Place to Work’, Harvey Norman, is a high-profile, leading-edge retail brand with over 289 stores worldwide selling furniture, bedding, electrical and computer goods. With 15 stores in Ireland, we are growing, and have plenty of opportunities for talented people. If you think you have what it takes to thrive in a dynamic retail environment, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The role of Warehouse Operative in Harvey Norman is to work with management and staff, with the aim of providing the best possible service to our customers and stores. A successful Warehouse Operative has excellent product knowledge, provides outstanding customer service, helps create a great experience for the customer, and is above all else enthusiastic in helping the team perform to the highest standards. This role is crucial for making Harvey Norman a great place to shop.
YOUR JOB – your tasks will include:
- Responsible for operating and maintaining a clean and tidy warehouse while keeping a safe and secure working environment.
- Provide the highest level of standards of customer service and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked so that no substandard or incorrect goods are delivered to customers.
- Ensure that Goods Receiving and Dispatching procedures are followed at all times.
- Protect and secure Harvey Norman stock.
- Understand your department’s action plans and support the goals and targets set out by your manager.
- Ensure company standards of performance are followed at all times.
- Perform other related duties as required.
YOUR PROFILE – your knowledge, skills and experience include:
Experience & Qualifications –
- Leaving cert or equivalent is required.
- Experience working in a customer focused, fast pace, multidimensional industry.
- Preferably have 1-3 year’s warehousing, construction or retailing industry experience
- Forklift and Picker certification advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Applications, word, outlook, excel.
Customer Oriented –
- You understand who your internal and external customers are and are willing and able to deliver high quality services; which meet the needs and exceeds the expectations of all customers.
Strong Communicator / Good Listener –
- You are a strong communicator, and have excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
Numerical & Logical Ability –
- You have the ability to work with numbers in a competent and confident way.
Hardworking, conscientious, & Self Motivated –
You should possess a high degree of self confidence and maturity, be able to work under pressure and get the job done. Have a high degree of personal and interpersonal energy at all times.
Adaptable to Change & Flexibility –
- You have a flexible approach to work, are open and accepting of necessary change and innovation within the company.
Team & Collaborative Working –
- Fosters a collaborative team-working environment. Able to work co-operatively within a group and across Harvey Norman to achieve Harvey Norman goals in a respectful manner.
Attention to Detail / Organised –
- You can prioritise and organise your own work, complete all necessary tasks and fulfill all commitments on time and without supervision.
Honest & Ethical – Valuing integrity and honesty as a core personal value.
WHY PEOPLE JOIN US:
- We’re Dynamic and growing!
- Fun, high energy work environment
- Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
- Generous staff discount
- Our entrepreneurial spirit